/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for Joining Islam

QuietNight
12-19-2009, 05:28 AM
This is just a quick question about becoming a Muslim. Why should one become a Muslim? I mean I recognize that ones religion calls them to believe that they know the truth and therefore they see that as a reason for joining.

But talking to someone outside of the Muslim fold, who has considered becoming a Muslim, can you guys sort of talk me through the thought process?

If you're not interested in commenting, thank you for reading anyways

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslima.as
12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I was born a Muslim so I don't know if I can be much help...
But from what I hear, poeple who join Islam usually have a moment of clearing of mind, followed by an interest, and then they research to know more.
I hope other non muslims or new muslims would help you more.

Insecured soul
12-19-2009, 08:25 PM
There is only god and Allah is his name, you should follow islam coz its the only religion valid in front of allah, if you were born at prophet jesus (peace be upon him) time we should have followed him. Prophet muhammed came after jesus pbuh and he is the last messenger so we ought to follow him.

and we are interested in replying to you and im sure you will get more answers soon,

Predator
12-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Why should one become a Muslim?

http://www.jannah.org/articles/benefits.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pomak
12-20-2009, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuietNight
This is just a quick question about becoming a Muslim. Why should one become a Muslim? I mean I recognize that ones religion calls them to believe that they know the truth and therefore they see that as a reason for joining.

But talking to someone outside of the Muslim fold, who has considered becoming a Muslim, can you guys sort of talk me through the thought process?

If you're not interested in commenting, thank you for reading anyways
Dunno, but if your of white/European decent, you will kinda 'drift' into it. I guess the most right but equally pointless and annoying answer is that when the day comes you will know. Reason I took the plunge was that someone asked me if I was Muslim or not and when I answered Yes, I soon realized that I had not said the shahada.

Amanda
12-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Everyone has a different experience, but here's how I knew.

I was curious, as I was seeing a Muslim guy (and yes, I know now that isn't entirely proper, but I didn't know it at the time), and wanted to learn more to understand him and his culture better. The more I learned, the more it just made sense to me, and soon I decided that it was the way of life that I wanted to follow. So, I reverted, and have been trying my best to learn as much as I can ever since. :)

Most people that I have talked do seem to all agree that you just reach a point when you are learning about Islam where it just feels right, and you know that it is the religion for you. I hope that helps. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.